February 2015 Wrap Up – Things Are Looking Up
February 28, 2015
Although the month started with more life snags and work has been crazy busy the last few weeks, I am finally starting to feel like life is leveling out a bit in 2015 – thank goodness! Here are some of the highlights:
- Being newly single, Valentine’s Day weekend had the potential to be an emotional train wreck for me, but I ended up having a fabulous weekend. I celebrated the actual event with my friend drinking expensive wine, eating Lou’s heart-shaped pizza, and indulging in Mariano’s specialty cupcakes! YUM! The next evening, my coworkers and I celebrated that same friend’s birthday with an interesting night out!
- I went to a lovely wine tasting benefit for the Heart-to-Heart Foundation with a small after party at my friend’s house afterwards. It was so fun and relaxing to hang with everyone!
- A very good friend of mine moved back into town, and I’m sooooo happy to have my buddy around again!
- Although I am still working through some minor health issues, I have a plan of action, and hopefully things will wrap up by the end of March (fingers crossed)!
- I finished 5 books this month. I am still ahead of my target of 1 book per week for 2015!
- My favorite reads of the month: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and Girl Before a Mirror by Liza Palmer (review coming soon!).
- My most viewed post: Book Club Blowout: Big Little Lies. Thanks for showing my new feature so much love! I also think this was my favorite post to write – I love to be creative and plan parties (even if I don’t host all that I dream up!).
- Post I wish had gotten more excitement: What Draws You to a Book? I was hoping to spark a little more discussion on that one (but I was way excited when Trent Reedy commented on FB)!
- I made an awesome new connection with author Suanne Laqueur after reading her novel The Man I Love. She is a delightful person, and I so look forward to connecting with her in the future!
- My OTSP Secret Sister revealed herself, and I am so enjoying getting to know Missie and her blog A Flurry of Ponderings. She is so sweet, and I love the support she is giving me and this blog!
- My blog shout out this month goes to So Obsessed With. Hannah’s Liza Palmer Party feature was so fun and creative, and I was so freaking excited when I then won her giveaway for Girl Before a Mirror!
- I LOVE the Oscars! Even though this wasn’t my favorite year ever (I did love Lady Gaga’s performance), I am publicly declaring that I will finally throw my Oscars party next year!
- March is looking to be a fun and eventful month for me, and I’m looking forward to sharing with you in a few short weeks! Hopefully, the weather will be far more pleasant then!!!
What happened with you this month?