March 2015 Wrap-Up: Good Times!
March 30, 2015
March has proven to be a good month for me. Things are definitely looking up, and I had lots of great experiences this month. Here are some of the highlights:
- I started the month with a speed dating event. Yes – I am back on the market, and I am open to the possibilities!
- I traveled to Livonia, Michigan for a work conference with some coworkers. I had the BEST time, and it was so awesome getting to know some people so much better!
- I had some minor surgery on the 17th (believe me it wasn’t my first choice, and I even let the doctor know that – I love to celebrate St. Patty’s Day). The test results all came back with good results, and it looks like my health issues are finally wrapping up!
- I spent part of my spring break in Atlanta with my awesome Aunt Judy and Uncle Peter. Hanging with them is always a good time, and my short trip there did not disappoint!
- The other part of my spring break included some much needed down time. It’s always nice to get a little time to breathe and catch up a bit (and have some quality couch time as well).
- One of my favorite authors, Suanne Laqueur, contacted me about doing a cover reveal and book trailer release feature on my blog for her new book Give Me Your Answer True! Yay!!!!
- My awesome OTSP Secret Sister Missie (seriously check out her blog A Flurry of Ponderings) has asked me to be a guest blogger for her “Bookies Become Foodies” feature in May! Double yay!!!! I’m so loving the connections I’m making with this blog!
- I had the opportunity to hear Lisa See speak while on vacation in Atlanta (click here for that post). I can’t wait to read China Dolls!
- My top post of the month: February 2015 Wrap Up
- This month’s Book Club Blowout: Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- My most viewed book review of the month: Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From a Little Golden Book
- Other books reviewed: Girl Before a Mirror, The Rooms Are Filled, The Strange Library, I’ll Meet You There, and The Alex Crow.
- Non-bookish posts: Let’s Talk TV and Who Doesn’t Love John Hughes?
- I have become such a lover of Alex and Ani bangles, and I was lucky enough to receive another one as a gift this month….the one I had my eye on. Thanks Natalie!
- I am also in love with the new specialty cupcakes at Mariano’s. Peanut butter, cookie dough, Irish Cream, Cannoli, Toffee Coffee, and so many more! I am really going to have to curb that urge as my weight continues to creep up! They are seriously delicious.
- I discovered my new favorite restaurant in Atlanta, Max’s Wine Dive. If I lived down there, I would be hanging out there all of the time! Great food, great wine, and a great atmosphere! OMG…as I was looking up the link for this post, I discovered they have a location in Chicago! I must go soon!!!!
What’s new with you this month? Share some of your happenings below!