Dewey’s 24 – The Big Day Has Arrived
April 25, 2015
I wasn’t sure if I would be awake on time! I made it to bed on time, set my alarm for 6:30, and here I am at 6:53 responding to the first meme of the day from the official website. Continue to check back at this post to follow my progress today or @rwrmusings on Twitter! Here is the Hour 0 meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am joining in from Palatine, IL – a northwest suburb of Chicago
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Definitely Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman, but I need to finish The Maze Runner first
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? If you check out my post from last Sunday on weight loss, I am trying to avoid mindless munching these days, so I will be sticking to my usual meal routine. Very sad I know!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I have only been blogging since October and this is my first readathon. I had already scheduled plans today (and I really do value my sleep), so I will not be making it the full 24, but I’m hoping to participate as much as possible.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? As I mentioned, this is my first event, and I am most looking forward to making connections with people!
Oops…..I just awoke to realize I dozed off….for about 1.5 hours. Only 50 pages of The Maze Runner left. Think I might shower first to perk up a bit! What I’ve learned so far:
- It’s easy to get lost in social media. I will check it for about 10 minutes, and then I’m forcing myself to get back to reading!
- There are fun mini challenges, but I feel like if I do them, then that’s even more time away from the short amount of time that I’m participating. Maybe at some point though……
- I’ve already made a couple new friends, and I’ve found a couple new blogs to follow
I just finished reading The Maze Runner (a good read, but man does it have a lot of oomph at the end….I’ll need to get the next book soon). I’ve decided to not worry so much about my reading to social media ratio….life (and reading) should be enjoyed and not micromanaged! What are you all reading today? I’m moving on to Challenger Deep, but I only have a couple more hours until I need to pick my friends up for dinner. Happy Reading!
Here are my picture for the Treasure Hunt Challenge! Yay my first mini challenge!
A cover with a tree: The Rooms are Filled by Jessica Null Vealitzek
A cover with snow: The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
A cover with a weapon: Divided We Fall by Trent Reedy
I am 25% of the way through Challenger Deep, and I am so loving it! Can’t wait to read more when I get home tonight. I need to leave in about 20 minutes to pick up my friends so the reading will have to be put on hold for a few hours. I did complete another mini challenge – creating a party around a book. For the regular followers to my blog, you know I do this monthly so this one was pretty easy. I submitted my most recent Book Club Blowout for The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. See you all in a few hours!
Back from dinner with friends and ready to get back to it! I missed some fun mini challenges while away, and I also missed the midpoint survey. Oh well…dinner with my friends was fabulous! Back to Challenger Deep!
50% done with Challenger Deep and very satisfied with my progress for my first readathon. Just completed a Goodreads Battle of the Books challenge, checked out a few more new blogs, and I’m now ready to head to bed. I exceeded my goal of 4-6 hours, with 7 hours spent on the read-a-thon (which does include the time dedicated to social media and interacting with others). I have had an outstanding day overall! To those still reading…..ENJOY!