June 2015 Wrap-Up – Yay for Summer!
June 29, 2015
June has been a spectacular month for me. It’s been the perfect combination of productivity, down time, and time with family and friends. My blog stats have been increasing nicely, and I’m just feeling good overall. Here’s what’s happened this month!
- My 9 year old niece earned her black belt and it was so awesome to go and watch her test. I was wowed by the extreme fitness challenge she needed to complete to earn this belt. I think this is one of my favorite moments of the year – just being there to watch her!
- I spent a weekend in Michigan, which I shared in a post last week. I had an amazing time with family, and it was the perfect way to spend my first week of summer vacay!
- The Hawks won the Stanley Cup, and I had the best time celebrating the big event with my brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephew. My niece and nephew are far more knowledgeable about hockey than I am, and it made the whole evening even more fun!
- I did a train pub crawl in honor of my friend Paul’s new educational book Learn Like a Pirate. We had a blast, and the weather was perfect despite this very rainy June! Teachers can let loose like no other people you know :).
- We had an extended family Staycation in Chicago, and we were able to go to the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, and Adler Planetarium. It was literally a perfect day in so many ways, and I’m so grateful for this special time with family.
- I went to two concerts at Ravinia Festival – Sheryl Crow with family and Lady Gaga/Tony Bennett with friends and coworkers. The weather was very rainy initially for Sheryl Crow, but it ended up being a decent night in the end. Lady Gaga was crazy insane, but we had a decent spot, and it was a great night!
- Most viewed post: Book Club Blowout – Big Little Lies
- Book Reviews: The Girl on the Train, Al Capone Does My Shirts, Stella by Starlight, Woman with a Gun, Give Me Your Answer True, Kacy and the Space Shuttle Secret, The House We Grew Up In
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’d Like to See as Movies, 2015 Releases I’m Still Looking Forward To, My Summer TBR, Favorite Top Ten Lists
- Hello Summer: The Music, The Chicago Attractions, The Fun Goals, The Festivals, The Trips
- Quick Quotes debuted with Give Me Your Answer True!
- My Erin Condren Life Planner came in the mail (as well as many accessories from Etsy), and I spent several hours getting it ready to use as of the first of July. I am so happy with this splurge!
- I started a whole different kind of class at work based on Twitter chats. I’m not sure what I think of the format, but it is interesting trying something new. The class is based on my friend Paul’s recently published book Learn Like a Pirate. It’s getting rave reviews, and I’ll be doing a review of it soon!
What happened with you in June? Share your exciting highlights below!