September 2015 Wrap-Up: 2015 Continues
September 30, 2015
September has been filled with lots of highs and a one medium-ish bummer (I’ve decided that 2015 really is the year that if something is going to go wrong, it indeed will). Here are some of the big moments:
- I did start to slowly get back in the swing of working out regularly thanks to my friend Katherine. Even though I’m not yet hitting my workout target, I’m happy to be headed in the right direction!
- I had a very spontaneous and last minute night out for drinks and chocolate at Anna Shea’s Chocolates and Lounge with my friend Tara. When I don’t let myself be an old lady, I can still have fun even if it’s past my bedtime :).
- My family went to see O.A.R. at Ravinia, and we had the best time! It was my favorite concert of the summer, and one of my favorite memories of the summer! Who’s cuter than my niece and nephew?
- My friends and I started a Trivia Night tradition on Thursdays (except we only made it one week so far….hopefully it will become a regular thing). We had a blast and were so close to winning third place.
- I went to the beautiful wedding of my amazing friends Luke and Vicky. The ceremony was outdoors on the most perfect weather day possible, and I adored the vows they wrote for each other. I couldn’t be more thrilled for the two of them!
- As the end to the nice weather is in sight, my coworkers and I took advantage of some of our last days of patio weather to spontaneously go for drinks after work. Patio drinking with friends is one of my favorite things.
- We celebrated my friend Jay’s birthday with a great dinner at Weber Grill. The theme for the evening was steak and mac and cheese (if you’ve never had the mac and cheese at Weber Grill, then you are totally missing out).
- A unit in my building two floors above neglected to address a leak they knew about, which resulted in water pooling in my bathroom ceiling. Overall, it’s not a huge crisis, but it is a hassle trying to get it all taken care of (when I seem to be short on time to do just that).
- Last weekend I hosted a game night at my house at the very last minute. What’s better than Lou’s pizza, wine, and Scattergories (not to mention Meghan’s amazing pumpkin bars)?
- I went to Art in the Barn. I saw lots of cool things, but I didn’t make any purchases this time around. The best part was spending time with my friends Dennis, Andrea, and their little girl (who can rock out like few toddlers I know).
- Number of Book Read: 5
- Most Viewed Blog Post: I bet you’ll never guess :). Once again it’s Book Club Blowout: Big Little Lies.
- Reviews: Will Grayson, Will Grayson, Go Set a Watchman, More Happy Than Not, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane
- Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I Didn’t Click With, Series I Need to Finish, My Fall TBR, Underrated Authors, Books to Read If You Like Humans of New York
- Quick Quotes: Wonder, Anna and the French Kiss
- I received an awesome picnic wagon for my birthday (actually I received two because so many people know me so well), and it came in sooooooooo handy for my last concert of the season at Ravinia. If ever you have to haul supplies a long distance, I highly recommend the one I have – it can carry so much and it is easy to fold up and stash. Mine is also hot pink, which I love!
- One of my current favorite blogs to follow is Career Girl Daily. Even though I am two decades older than their intended audience, I love the variety and content of the posts. My favorites include words of wisdom/life lessons from successful women you’ve heard of. Check it out if you haven’t already!
- I purchased my first adult coloring book Color Me Calm, and I can’t wait to put it to use. I just received it in the mail today! I’m hoping to use it in place of Candy Crush Soda which can be a problematic way to unwind. I’ll let you know next month what I think of my new method of relaxation.
I sure had a lot to say this month :). Now it’s your turn!
What was the best thing you did this month? What are you looking forward to in October?