October 2015 Wrap Up: Fun But Crazy Busy
October 31, 2015
So you guys may have noticed a huge decline in the amount of my posting the last two weeks…..as in like 0 posts! Yikes! October has been an amazing month, and below you will see why my blogging took a nose dive. November is looking to be more promising on the blogging front. Here’s what’s been going on here:
- On the first day of the month, I walked into my hair appointment and told my hair stylist that she could do whatever she wanted with the color of my hair. She went darker, but it has been perfect for the fall season.
- One of the biggest highlights on my month was training the new staff in my school on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. It was an amazing opportunity for me, and I so enjoyed connecting with the new staff on a very different level. Although the online certification training was hugely time consuming, the experience totally made it worth it, and I look forward to doing it again!
- I attended a Middle Grade Author Panel at Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville. I primarily went to see Gennifer Choldenko (I enjoyed Al Capone Does My Shirts) and Louis Sacher. However, Chris Grabenstein was the huge highlight of the night for me, and I found an author that I must check out soon!
- My friends and I went for another trivia night, and this time around we blew chunks…..big time chunks. I didn’t even make it to the end of the night!
- As a lifelong Cubs fan, I was thrilled when our Cubbies made the playoffs. Although we didn’t win this year, next year looks very promising. It was fun to go watch games with friends and experience the spirit of Chicago at its finest!
- For the second year in a row, I attended the Anderson’s YA Literature Conference over Columbus Day weekend, and had the most unbelievable time again. I could go on and on about how wonderful this experience is, but hopefully you will join me next year to find out yourself!
- After one day of the conference, I met some friends for dinner at a new-to-me restaurant called 8000 Mile. It was delicious!
- I was fortunate enough to go on a bucket list trip to NAPA! It was a dream come true, and it was an amazing trip. I’m hoping to do a separate post on this soon!
- I attended another wine dinner hosted by The Wine Cellar at Big Chef. I’ll admit that I didn’t quite love is as much as the last one, but I will definitely be attending more of them in the future.
- I enjoyed a few Friday happy hours this month, one of them at my place. I love getting together with friends after a long week of work and just chilling out and catching up!
- My amazing niece turned 10 – how did she become a tween already?
- We celebrated my friend Kathy’s birthday at a new local restaurant that’s been getting rave reviews – Courtland’s Garage. We had great wine and good food!
- I went trick-or-treating with my niece and nephew despite the cold and rainy weather.
- Number of Books Read: 6 (despite my lack of blogging, I managed to fit in some reading)
- Most Viewed Post: Book Club Blowout: Big Little Lies (are you noticing a trend on this one?)
- Reviews: Swimming Alone, The Creeping
- Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I’ve Given Up, Author Duos I’d LikeTo See
- Anderson’s YA Lit Conference Posts: Summary, Authors, Tidbits, Graduation Awards
- I decided to try something a little different for some of the mild health symptoms I’ve been experiencing – acupuncture. I had my first appointment on the last day of the month so I’ll have to let you know my thoughts after a little bit more time.
What have you been up to this month?