Top Ten Tuesday: My 2016 Resolutions
January 5. 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish in which they select a topic every week, and the rest of us get to make Top Ten lists based on that topic. This week’s topic: Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016. I really struggled with my goals for this year. In 2015, my blog and my reading were huge focuses (at the cost of some other areas of my life in retrospect). As I think about what I want for 2016, I need to make my health a bigger priority. With that in mind, here’s what I’m thinking:
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELL BEING GOALS
- Consistent Exercise – This is probably the biggest area of my life that payed the price in 2015, and it MUST change! I always feel better when I work out. I’m hoping that this will help me to not only lose some of the weight I’ve gained, but also help me to feel as if I have more energy.
- Reconnect with Nature – Spending time outside also tends to put me in a better move. The fact that I’m often getting some sort of exercise while doing it is an added bonus. Although the cold weather may deter me a bit right now, I hope this summer to not only be exercising outside, but reading and writing as well.
- Talk Kindly to Myself – I started this at some point in 2015, and it has made a huge difference. I refuse to criticize myself or beat myself up for the way I look or mistakes I’ve made. I am the person I am, and I happen to think that that person is pretty great!
- Make Friends and Family a Priority – This is something that I am pretty good at, but I never want to forget how important it is to let the people in your life know how much they mean to you. I want to continue to spend time with both friends and family, and show them how much I care about them!
- Reading Challenges – See my post from Sunday 1/3/2016 on the Reading Challenges that I will take on this year. I won’t make you all rehash it again . In the midst of all of this, I need to remember that reading is a primary form of relaxation for me, and I cannot lose that outlet.
- Remember the Purpose of the Blog – This blog is meant to be fun….to be a hobby….a way to connect with people about books. As soon as I start stressing about stats, writing reviews I don’t really feel like writing, posting a certain amount every week, then it becomes work. I already have a full time job, and I don’t need to feel like this is becoming a job as well!
- Write When Inspired – Whether it is for this blog or the novels I’m working on, I want writing to be fulfilling on some level. If it starts to deplete me rather than lift me up, then I need to take a step back.
What are your goals for 2016? Please share below!