November 2017 Wrap Up
November 30, 2017
It’s been quite awhile since I’ve done a monthly wrap up. I’m actually excited to put this together, because it has been so long since I’ve shared glimpses of my life with all of you. Here is what I am grateful for this month:
- We celebrated a friend’s 40th birthday with a Three’s Company themed party (which is also turning 40 this year). This is a great theme for a party if you are looking for one. We had themed apps (Reagle Beagles, Jack Dipper), a Three’s Company drink (vodka, cranberry, and pineapple), and we played a fun Three’s Company drinking game while watching old episodes of the show.
- The following weekend, I celebrated another friend’s birthday party. This event was more low key but did involve holiday crafts and Hallmark holiday movies….things you can never go wrong with.
- I went birthday shopping with my niece, which has become my favorite tradition with her. She is now 12 so I am making the most of these shopping trips because I know that soon she will probably choose the cash over shopping with her old aunt.
- Thanksgiving this year was a low key affair with just myself, my parents, and my brother and his family. We watched football, stuffed ourselves silly, and played a couple of rounds of Clue (which I happened to win one round of).
- Since I am in a new home this year, I was able to get a live Christmas tree for the first time in 12 years! It was so exciting to go through the process of selecting the tree and getting it all set up. I also had access to all of my holiday decorations that I’ve had stored at my parents house for years. This move has had many benefits, and the tree and decorations are high on that list.
- My friends and I usually spend a day over Thanksgiving weekend kicking off the 12 Beers of Xmas at a local establishment. As a non-beer drinker, I’m never able to earn the free shirt for finishing……until this year. A different local establishment is doing 13 Beverages of Xmas which includes wine. This should be a slam dunk for me to finish before Christmas Eve! I’m so excited!
- Number of Books Read: 11
- Favorite Book of the Month: It’s a tie between The Seventh Wish by Kate Messner and Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips. They are very different books, but they were both sooooo good, and I keep thinking about them long after I’ve finished them!
- Posted: Nonfiction November 2017, My 2017 Winter TBR
- Most Viewed Post: Top Ten Books to Read If You Like Humans of New York
- I want to share so much about some of the gifts I’m going to be giving this year, but it might ruin it for the random friend who checks out my blog. I guess I’ll have to do it at the end of December….you just won’t be able to order these as gifts yourself. Maybe I’ll do a separate post at another time……still thinking on this one!
- Someone at work started a Healthy Habits Challenge that started near the beginning of November and is running until December 20th. At first I was like no freaking way. But…..the more I thought about it, the more I realized I needed to do it. If nothing else, I hope to keep myself from gaining loads of weight at this time of year. I haven’t rocked out the exercise part as much as I wanted, but I have done well with the eating and losing weight piece.
What were the highlights of your month? Let me know what is going on with you!